Saturday, December 12, 2009

Yard Sale Doll

Hello little girl, How are you today?
You're really pretty and you seem very nice.
Wait a minute, where are you going?
Please don't leave me here all alone.
Oh please, please come back for me!

A nice little girl used to love me.
she'd dress me up in pretty dresses
with a nice pink ribbon in my hair.
But time went by and she grew up
and forgot that she used to love me.

Now nobody cares about me, I'm just
another piece of junk to be tossed
aside, My hair once shiny and clean,
now is dirty and tattered in places.
ripped out in others.

My skin of plastic dosen't look likeit once did.
Its now chewed and scraped and all scratched up
My dress, once pretty and cleanis ripped and torn,
and full of stains

Could this be real, is this happening?
that nice little girl is coming back for me.
"momma, I want this one" I hear her say as
she picks me up "I know she dosen't look like
much, but shes just right for me".

No comments:

Post a Comment